is to champion one another to achieve our ultimate potential so that, together we can create a diverse and inclusive future for our industry. We are committed to helping you share your story and proudly introduce WIFA's Writer's Academy.
Here's what you need to know about the program:
- It is a 60-day, mentor-led, intensive-training-program available exclusively to WIFA members.
- You will create the articles and editorials (and be our exclusive, featured authors) for the upcoming WIFA Retreats. You will be part of a small group of students that participate in this program.
- WIFA will feature and promote you as a published author for the WIFA Retreat.
- You will be interviewed on the WIFA Waves podcast during the course to talk about your goals as a writer.
- You will work with your mentor to create a series of blogs and one longer form article along with strategies to promote yourself as a writer
- Once you successfully complete this program, you will be included in WIFA’s preferred authors list, and we will help you find writing gigs.
Here's How it Works:
- 60 days of hard work!
- Every week of the course you will have a deliverable to submit to your mentor for feedback.
- You need to have 3 hours per week available to commit to the course in order to create the deliverables.
- There is a supporting e-learning curriculum to support all assignments and briefings.
- 4 mentor calls for feedback and to answer your questions.
- Your passion and purpose put into action with your mentor and the WIFA community
When Does It Start?
- The Writer's Academy starts on July 12th and runs until September 12th.
- This includes 1 onboarding week to get yourself organised before you have any deadlines.
Growing up a competitive dancer taught me very early on the importance of movement for my physical health but more importantly my mental health. When my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2009, I had also begun the process of deepening my studies as a Yoga teacher which was a lifeline for me through this difficult time. However, it was a moment in 2016 when I truly experienced the profound effects of Yoga for healing. A moment that both changed me and shifted my teachings in a powerful way. Read her full story here.
- E-RYT 500
- C-IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist
- YACEP – Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
- 2018 Delegates Choice, Canadian Presenter of the Year for canfitpro
- Top 100 Health and Fitness Influencers in Canada: OptiMYz Magazine 2017-2021
- Founder: Sangha Wellness Retreats
- Director Healing Arts Institute – Rituals for Recovery
- Editorial Advisory board for OptiMYz magazine 2017-present
- Global Ambassador for Women in Fitness Association (WIFA) 2018-present
- Author: Yoga Corner for OptiMYz magazine + SILVER magazine.
- Active in the Yoga/Fitness industry since 2001